If you and your family or friends are planning a long road trip this summer, you can still make plenty of healthy choices! Every good choice you make while on the road will help you keep the benefits of your diligent training. Plan ahead and pack nutritious snacks. Make these good choices and you won’t need as much make up work when you get back to your workouts.
- Avoid convenience store stops to save you $$$ and empty calories
- Bring a reusable water bottle filled with water
- Use a good cooler to keep fresh food at safe temperatures
- Ideas: Cut up veggies + mini humus packs, popcorn, homemade muffins, homemade granola/trail mix, string cheese + whole grain crackers, cut up fruit
- If you have to hit a drive through for fast food opt for grilled verses fried
- Pack sandwiches or salads to go for easy healthy meals
- Stop at a rest stops and have a picnic so you can stretch your legs and get more movement in